Monday, November 10, 2014

Apache Wedding Prayer

I started practicing Copperplate so that I can create the kind of gift I want to give to my brother and his wife for their wedding. This is the result:


I daresay, I am a bit disappointed ^^; Maybe because I was hurrying in trying to finish this or that there were a lot of mistakes in it. I did not have any special fine papers around to work with, so I only used the Boris Layout Pad (a shame, really) for this project. As with the ink, I only used black gouache paint. The same goes with the blue rose drawing. I did not use the W&N nor the Pelikan black ink I have with me for this project because I do not like the result it makes. 

I did have a previous version made, but it was a practice pad. I don't know what made me choose the bigger flower; I should've sticked with my first choice. Too late, I already gave the gift, anyway. But I'm happy that the bride likes it. I'll try better and work harder on my next project. 

Used this as my cover page in my G+ page



No comments:

Post a Comment